Date(s) - 07/09/2018 - 08/09/2018
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
4 Living Guesthouse
This two day workshop, building on the TA 101, will deepen your TA understanding of how people can continue to make new meaning of who they are in the world. As agents of change, learn how to spot the key moments of potential change and use them to their full potential. There will be time for trying out the application of these tools with clients as well as time for self reflection. You will learn different ways of thinking about change with your clients, as well as explore deepining your relationship with yourself.
- explore the concept of liminality and its paradox of discomfort and gift.
- understand humans’ urge to develop (physis) as ongoing learning cycles.
- be able to use the Triangle of Human Hungers to help clients recognise and own their unique strengths as well as understand individual job satisfaction and team dynamics.
- be able to use the Permission Wheel to gauge areas of development in clients and co-create perrmissions for change.
- recognise and work with clues to moments of change – script signals, tangential transactions, and discounting.
- practice a tool to help people recognise where they are stuck and work to change things – Steps to Success.
- understand how to invite people to cross the Transformation Line and shift in their minds from passive (taking in information) to active (integrating the information and living in new ways) as they develop and integrate change.
- experiment how working with metaphor and image can impact deeply held, preverbal beliefs.
- understand a model considering how three dimensional power and OKness can be used either to maintain the status quo, or to become transformational.
- understand how coaching is therapeutic but not therapy, and explore the Comparitive Script System as a way of conceptualising here and now therapeutic change.
- experience deepening their own sense of groundedness and presence in liminal moments, to be the safe container for clients’ change.
This workshop carries 12 CCE Units (10.25 CC & 1,75 RD)
This workshop will be presented by Karen Pratt PCC TSTA (Education)
For more information, contact Karen on any of the details below:
Phone number: +27 (0) 82 450 8331
Cost: R 3,300.00 per person
SATAA members receive 25% discount.
Karen Pratt has been studying and using TA since 2001. She is a Teaching and Supervising Transactional Analyst (TSTA) and is the only TSTA in Africa holding an Educational specialisation in TA. She is currently Chair of the South African Transactional Analysis Association (SATAA) and chairs the Membership Committee of the International Transactional Analysis Association (ITAA) Karen also holds a PCC credential from the ICF, and is a member of the training staff of Coaching Development and The Center for Appreciative Inquiry. She is an Appreciative Inquiry facilitator, coach and trainer.
She runs TA training programmes in the Western Cape, KZN and Gauteng, from the introductory TA 101 up to qualification level as a Certified Transactional Analysis (CTA), and Teaching and Supervising Transactional Analyst. She regularly examines TA candidates internationally, and is one of the markers of the written case study for the CTA exam. She works internationally with trainees preparing for their educational CTA.